SHOUTING LAGER, LAGER, LAGER, LAGER
From ingredients and process to quality and impact. Get to know our lager in 120 seconds.
- Malts – we use Pilsner malt direct from Germany alongside UK grown Pale and Wheat Malts for a pale straw-golden colour, rounded bready profile and smooth body
- The colours have purpose! The label for Clean Water Lager is orange and blue. The orange represents beer, while the blue represents water. Our two favourite things!
- Yeast – we use an in-house propagated yeast culture which works perfectly at cooler lager temperatures. The yeast has a clean finish, allowing the malt and hop flavours to take centre stage in the flavour profile
- Hops – Our not-so-secret weapon is Sorachi Ace hops, which gives the lager a subtle citrus lemon zest flavour and aroma. We also use a little Chinook hops for a hint of pine. Both are grown in the famous Yakima Valley in Washington, where the strains are hand selected by our partners before being shipped to the UK in pellet form and refrigerated to preserve the hop qualities and increase stability
- Water – Us Scots are lucky that our water is near perfect for brewing, packed with minerals that create a well-balanced profile. We make just a few extra mineral additions to improve the brewing quality and help produce the desired characteristics in the beer
- Slow and steady wins the race – our lager takes around seven days to ferment in cool lager conditions of 11°C before spending a further two-three weeks conditioning at 0°C until it is ready to pack. This ensures all nasty off-flavours have had time to dissipate, leaving a clean, crisp, great tasting lager
- Quality is key – we never compromise on quality to make profits, which is why we have worked closely with our brewing partners and suppliers to ensure our ingredients are of the best standard possible. Our lager goes through rigorous lab checks before it is released for sale, being tested for defects such as infection, high oxygen levels and diacetyl (an off-flavour derived from fermentation that causes a buttery flavour in beer). A taste panel team assess the beer for off-flavours and imperfections and only release it when it achieves a passing grade!
And finally - It’s brewed for good!
Profits from all of our beers go directly to providing clean water to villages across Malawi, empowering over 65,000 people to date.
So next time you grab a pack of our crisp, zesty lager, know that you are contributing to that impact with every sip.
DIGGING THE PERKS
- EARN IMPACT.
- UNLOCK REWARDS.
- LATEST IMPACT UPDATES.
- EXCLUSIVE BREWGOODER MERCH.