Head of Finance
Edinburgh or Glasgow
You’re an experienced Finance Leader looking for your next role. Not only do you thrive in a nimble, fast-paced company, you enjoy supporting customers and colleagues in achieving their goals.
Our culture is fun, hard-working and collaborative. We’re looking for someone with a unique approach that fosters our open, and inclusive working environment, embraces change, and loves to continuously learn as we grow.
We dream big, seek new challenges, and believe anything is possible.
Brewgooder is a purpose driven beer brand and B-Corp based in Scotland. Since 2016 we've been committed to brewing accessible craft beer to empower the lives of others, primarily via the funding of clean water projects.
For every can or pint of our beer enjoyed, we are committed to ensuring 100 times that amount will be provided in clean water on projects undertaken by our trusted impact partner, Charity Water.
Since launch, sales of our award winning core range have helped to support the completion of over 130 water projects around the world, unlocking over 100m litres of clean water for dozens of communities - and we're just getting started.
As Head of Finance for Brewgooder you will play a key role in our Senior team, reporting to the Managing Director. In this role you will have full ownership over the Financial reporting cycle and support the Board (including Co-Founders) in growth decision making based on opportunities.
Specifically, the successful individual will be responsible for:
- Leading the preparation of forecasts, budgets, cashflow and strategic planning, identifying key assumptions and trends whilst challenging performance to deliver robust plans
- Controlling month-end delivery of Revenue, Margin, Overheads and A&P, working with the leadership team to ensure accuracy of month-end figures and owning reporting outputs
- Create and embed new process, milestones and ways of working within fast moving, growing organisation
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting & KPI’s, including delivery at Exec level
- Build robust department customer support inc: Credit control, cash collection, new customer, master price file, COGs sheet, trading agreements, etc
- Maintain clarity over business performance, understanding drivers of performance (including trends, brand/customer/channel profitability and external competitor influences) which enable annual and strategic planning, supporting course correction and achieving opportunities
- Provide coaching, direction, and management to 1 direct report
- Partner with the Marketing Director & Sales leadership to support pricing and margin decisions on product performance and channel A&P activation
- Provide commercial analysis and recommendations to support channel and product deliverables, analysing business cases for new initiatives
- Work with Sales leadership to evaluate, negotiate and agree contractual terms with key customers
- Ad-hoc analysis to support leadership decisions
- Broader business responsibilities & contribution which include IT, Office, Legal, Project Management
- Elements of HR function - payroll, contracts, recruitment process
- Support Commercial upskilling of broader team to enable commercially aware, agile decision making
- The role requires an ability to deliver constructive challenge whilst building positive relationships across the teams, supporting plans and communicating financials with clarity
- Remain curious at all times, displaying a desire for ongoing continual improvement by delivering commercial and process insight in an engaging way
- Key external stakeholders - Bank, Auditors, Investors
What do you need for this role?
- Proven FMCG / Drinks Commercial Finance experience post qualification
- Proven delivery in Commercial & Mgmt Finance Roles, with strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Good business partnering ability, able to build and develop long positive relationships
- Strong financial and commercial acuity is essential
- Advanced MS Excel, PPT
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Working knowledge of XERO would be advantageous but not essential
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Performance enhanced earnings potential from 2022
- Based at our new Edinburgh or Glasgow Offices (1-2 day per week WFH)
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- An ambitious and fun working environment
- Would consider 4 days per week / flexi hours for exceptional candidate
- Please note this is a new role and the successful candidate will be given a comprehensive handover from the part-time Finance consultant who has overseen the function for the past 2 years.
If this sounds like the incredible opportunity you've been waiting for, apply today with details of your current salary and package via email at email@example.com