Now Hiring: Scottish Well Digger (Scottish Business Development Manager)
Brewgooder is looking for a passionate and hard-working Well-Digger to join our team to take our Scottish presence to the next level and bring our mission and beer to more and more of the best on-trade stockists across the country.
Scottish Well Digger (Business Development Manager, Scotland)
Mobile/Field (90%) and Office Working (10%) (Scotland-wide/Glasgow)
September 1st 2018 (or earlier if appropriate)
Competitive, Dependant on Experience
For more information contact or to apply email a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re Brewgooder and we are on a mission to bring clean drinking water to 1,000,000 people in developing countries through the power of craft beer.
Since launching with our #DrinkBeerGiveWater crowdfund in early 2016 we’ve brought our flagship style - Clean Water Lager - to over 2000 stockists across the UK and helped fund over 60 clean water projects – helping almost 40,000 people access clean water through our charity partners.
By 2019 we want to bring this number to 100,000 and you can be part of this amazing journey.
Being a Brewgooder:
Everyone at Brewgooder is passionate about two things: great beer and helping others. Our philosophy is Drink Beer, Give Water - and we feel passionately that this is something beer drinkers can truly believe in. You’ll be a part of a completely unique ‘social business’ which wants to redefine the reasons people drink good beer.
Our newest Well Digger will be a central member of our sales team at the forefront of this movement in Scotland- bringing the best bars, restaurants and on-trade venues in the country along on our journey to transform 100,000s of lives for generations, and driving one of the UK’s most exciting and empowering beer brands.
What we are looking for:
Our team and brand is growing rapidly and we’re now looking for a Business Development Manager, or as we like to call it a Brewgooder ‘Well Digger’, to help bring our mission and our beers into the best partner venues and outlets in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, and beyond, to help share our story. We’re on the hunt for an influencer with excellent communication skills and a genuine passion to help others by doing what they love and are good at – selling great tasting craft beer.
Your mission is simple – Bring Clean Water Lager to the taps and in the fridges of Scotland’s best bars and restaurants, passionately share our story with drinkers, and help us provide 1,000,000 people with clean drinking water.
Our Scottish Well Digger will work directly with our Chief Well Digger (Commercial Director) and will be accountable for growing our distribution in Scotland’s independent on-trade and retail groups through our key route to market partners, maximising sales and grow our on-trade volume exponentially during 2018/19 and beyond.
Building the brand in the on-trade will also mean creating bar-staff advocacy of our beer and our mission by educating and enlisting bar workers and beer servers into Brewgooder’s #DrinkBeerGiveWater movement through training, engagement and activation.
Our Scottish Well Digger will play a defining role in the growth of one of the world’s most unique and impactful social businesses and one of the UK’s most exciting and rewarding beer brands. You’ll be carrying the Brewgooder flag in Scotland, rallying drinkers and stockists to our banner and creating a lasting legacy by selling great craft beer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required in the role:
As a person you’ll need…
· Passion to make a genuine difference in the world.
· Ability to live the values of Brewgooder’s “Drink Beer, Give Water” philosophy
· A love and knowledge of beer
· An ability to begin and grow relationships with other people
The skills and experience you’ll need…
· Ability to recognise that the performance in the role will have a direct relationship to Brewgooder’s ability to help others access clean water and desire to perform to a level that reflects this.
· Minimum 2 years account management and budget responsibility in sales
· Evidence of building effective relationships at all levels across multiple customers and executing customer business and activation plans.
· Evidence of cultivating a network of key industry leaders, decision makers, and opinion leaders within region.
· Ability to self-motivate and perform independently to a consistently high standard
· Should positively and professionally represent the company and brand at all times, with a style which is relaxed but professional, informal yet commercial.
· Strong team player and results-focused
· Previous experience in any On Premise field sales environment is a must
Ideal candidates will have…
· Experience in managing corporate clients across various industries
· Direct line management or coaching experience is a bonus.
· Beer industry or on-trade soft drink/spirits experience
· A demonstrable love of beer